SAFETY BEGINS WITH GOOD TRAINING
Blastcon Australia Pty Ltd provides an extensive range of training via Third Party Agreement with Tectra Australia RTO No. 40889 for the explosive and SSAN sectors. Where applicable courses are aligned to the relevant industry competencies.
- RIIBLA201D Support shotfiring operations
- RIIBLA202D Support underground shotfiring operations
- RIIBLA204D Store, handle and transport explosives in underground coal mines
- RIIBLA205D Store, handle and transport explosives
- RIIBLA301D Conduct surface shotfirng operations
- RIIBLA302D Conduct shotfiring operations in underground coal mines
- RIIBLA305D Conduct secondary blasting
- RIIBLA402D Monitor and control the effects of blasting on the environment
Blastcon Australia Pty Ltd has also developed client specific training packages.
An example is an Explosives Awareness course designed to provide all workers with basic identification and procedures where explosives or misfires are encountered.
All training requires the participant to have completed a Security Assessment as set down by your relevant state. Persons must be at least 18 years of age.
Shotfirer and Related training
In the past, the best way into a mining job was through the Blast crew. Legislation has changed in most states, forced partly by safety but also by security. Now to get a position on a blast crew a person generally has to have some form of training in legislative responsibilities and safety in Handling, Transport and Storage of Explosives.
Training is conducted at regular intervals in Brisbane, Townsville and Central Queensland.
Training is also conducted on site, which enables a company to minimise the costs associated with off site training, and reduce the away time of employees. This provides access to actual loading activities in their own mine environment and the courses can be modified to include on site procedures into the training.